The Hands in the Community Mission Statement:
Hands in the Community is an easy-to-use, caring, professional source of
guidance, advocacy, and access to a comprehensive range of services to
the people of Tulare and Kings County. Our client base is low-income people,
mainly families, who need help to cope with daily problems, such as
their physical, emotional and spiritual needs.
The unique strategy of Hands in the Community is to join with these providers in targeting and delivering help to those in need. HNC joins the hand of the helper to the hand of the needy.
Our Overall Mission is to:
- Help the church fulfill its mission to reach out to the community. (James 2:17 Even so faith, if it has no works, is dead, being by itself.)
- Build relationships and bridge the gap between church and community.
- Give hope in a lost world. (Psalm 42:11, “Why are you in despair, O my soul? And why have you become disturbed within me? Hope in God, for I shall yet praise Him, the help of my countenance and my God.”)
- Respond quickly with one of the most important resources these families and individuals need... the love of Jesus Christ. (Mark 12:31, "The second is this, 'You shall love your neighbor as yourself.' There is no other commandment greater than these.")
- Reach out to, win, and assimilate previously un-reached people into the local congregation (Luke 19:10, “to seek and to save those who are lost.")
- Give glory to the Lord and help the church bear fruit. (Blessed is the man who trusts in the Lord, whose confidence is in Him. He will be like a tree planted by the water that sends out its roots by the stream. It does not fear when heat comes: its leaves are always green. It has no worries in a year of drought and never fails to bear fruit." Jeremiah 17:7-8)
- Work together as a powerful testimony. (1 Peter 1:22 Since you have in obedience to the truth purified your souls for a sincere love of the brethren, fervently love one another from the heart.”)